Information Bulletin for Australian Citizens
Passport Application Information:
- Passport fees increased as of 01 January 2016. Please click here for the schedule of fees (please note that these fees are AUD)
- All passport applications lodged overseas from 1 July 2015 will incur an additional overseas application fee of $103 AUD for adult passports and $52 AUD for child passports.
- All Australian citizens must lodge their passport application in person. We are not able to accept applications by mail or courier. This helps us to protect you, by protecting the security and integrity of your Australian passport.
- Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment.
- From 1 January 2016, we will issue 10-year validity passports for children aged 16 or 17, who must also attend the interview with the lodging parent. As 16 and 17 year olds continue to fall under the definition of a ‘child’ under the Australian Passports Act 2005, the usual requirements for a child passport application will continue to apply, including parental consent requirements.
Up to three weeks are required for the issue of passports. It is a good idea to plan the replacement of a passport well ahead of the expiry date and, if you need to travel, ensure bookings allow sufficient time to replace passports and also visas where needed.
- Remember that some countries require that passports have at least 6 months validity in order to permit entry/obtain a visa. Planning ahead can help avoid problems.
Please contact us on +961 961 600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice or to make an appointment to lodge your application. Appointments are available between 0830 and 1500 Monday to Thursday and between 0830 and 1300 Friday. This will ensure that you receive immediate attention at the appointed time.
All passport fees must be paid in cash (USD only) at the Embassy at the time of lodging the application. This rate is subject to monthly review and may change. Personal cheques will not be accepted, and no other currency is acceptable. We do not accept passport applications by courier.