Global Visa and Citizenship processing times are now available online.
To give your application the best chance of being finalised within the published processing times, you must lodge a complete application. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances, including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application and included all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly you respond to requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme
- surges in demand and peak periods.
Detailed information about our service standards is available on our website:
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Due to the volume of applications received in our office we are unable to respond to progress requests if your application is within our average processing times.
Please contact us via email on email@example.com only if your application is urgent, if there are exceptional, compelling or compassionate circumstances that would warrant the grant of a visa sooner than our advertised processing time. Please note not all urgent requests can be accommodated.