DIRECT AID PROGRAM
The Australian Embassy has now opened the call for proposal for the fiscal year of 2017-18 under the Direct Aid Program. Project proposals could be completed online at http://dap.smartygrants.com.au/BirtEng17
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) of the Australian Embassy is a flexible, small grants program which focuses on relieving humanitarian hardship and advancing developmental objectives in Lebanon through projects that are consistent with Australia’s international relations and public diplomacy objectives. Each year, the Embassy’s DAP committee assesses proposals for small development projects from individuals, community groups and non-governmental organisations engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
We will look for projects that:
• Are participatory in nature, and have involved the beneficiaries in the identification, design and management of the project.
• Address the needs of vulnerable or disadvantaged groups, including women, children and the disabled
• Address poverty alleviation, community health, environment and education, human rights, rural development or gender equality.
• Have a lasting developmental outcome, either by creating infrastructure or building sustainable human or organisational capacity.
• Have a budget of maximum USD20,000,-
• Can be completed within by 30 May 2018 (approval may occasionally be given for projects that span two financial years – this must be agreed prior to the commencement of the project).
We will not support projects such as:
• Those for the purchase of vehicles
• Those for any activities that cannot demonstrate a direct developmental outcome, as listed above
• Micro-finance projects or micro-credit schemes that involve a return of money
• Those involving payment for items of a recurrent nature, such as staff salaries, office rental and utility costs, spare parts, supplies, routine maintenance or repairs.
• Commercial ventures.
To apply, please check the 2017-18 DAP Guidelines and timeline .
Applications should be submitted online at https://dap.smartygrants.com.au/BirtEng17
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2015-2016, please click here
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2014-2015, please click here
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2013-2014, please click here
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2012-2013, please click here
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2011-2012, please click here
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2010-2011, please click here
To look at the projects the Embassy funded in 2009-2010, please click here
COUNCIL FOR AUSTRALIAN-ARAB RELATIONS GRANTS PROGRAM
The Council for Australian-Arab Relations (CAAR) was established by the Australian Government in January 2003, as an initiative to strengthen ties between Australia and Arab countries.
The council for Australian-Arab Relations is inviting applications under its 2015-16 grant funding round. The CAAR is looking for projects that enhance the economic, cultural and social relations with the Arab world. The objective is to provide \'seed funds\' for innovative projects that will develop long-term people-to-people and institutional links between Australia and countries in the Arab world.
If you are interested in lodging an application, please visit www.dfat.gov.au/caar for more information, including application forms and criteria for application.