How to obtain an Australian passport in Lebanon
Passport applications, including renewal applications, MUST be lodged in person at the Australian Embassy in Beirut. For children’s applications (18 years old and under) a parent/person with parental responsibility for the child must lodge the application in person.
Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are now issued with a 10 year passport. Applications must still include parental consent and the applicant (16 years and over) must attend the interview along with the lodging parent.
The Passport section at the Australian Embassy in Beirut operates by appointments only to lodge a passport application. It is not necessary to take an appointment when collecting your new passport/travel document.
You may also arrange an appointment by calling 01-960632 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is made by credit card and debit card ONLY. Cash is not accepted at the Embassy.
Information to help you prepare your passport application when you are lodging it in Lebanon:
- Type of form you need to use: Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) or Application for an Australian Passport (PC8)
- Instructions on how to complete the application form: PC7 or PC8
- Complete your Australian Passport Application Form online at: www.passports.gov.au
- Supporting documents for adult applicants lodging PC8 (for first time adult passport, replacing lost/stolen passport)
- Supporting documents for applications of minors (18 years and under)
- Foreign Documents – Documents in Arabic should be translated into English by a sworn translator registered with the Syndicate of Sworn Translators. (If the sworn translator is not registered in the Syndicate of Sworn Translators, the document would then needs to be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants in order to be accepted by the Embassy).
- Photo guidelines. Australian passport photos are different to Lebanese standard passport photos, so please read the instructions carefully and pass them to the photographer.
- List of approved Guarantor/Referee (if non-Australians and for use with PC8 form only)
- PC8 Checklist – This form is your reference to ensure that you completed the application correctly and have the appropriate documents, photos, and fees to lodge the application. If anything is missing in the application and/or document, the processing of your application could be delayed.
- Reporting a lost or stolen passport
- List of passport fees for this month.