What form do I need to complete?
Renewal form (PC7)
Effective 16 December 2021, passports issued from 1 January 2006 can be renewed, subject to meeting all other renewal eligibility requirements.
You may be eligible for streamlined renewal (PC7) if you:
1. you have held an Australian passport:
- issued from 1 January 2006 onwards with at least two years validity
- issued when you were 16 years or over
- that has a status of valid or expired (not, for example, lost or stolen)
2. you can present the passport at lodgement
3. you have not changed any of their personal details (name, date of birth, or gender).
If you are applying for your passport while overseas, the online service will generate a PDF PC7 form at www.passports.gov.au
You will only need to sign the Application Checklist or PC7 form and lodge it with their previous passport and their new passport photos. No other supporting documents are required.
All other applicants must use the Overseas Passport Application Form (PC8). This includes the following applicants:
• You are applying for a child’s (under the age of 18) passport,
• You are applying for your first adult passport (even if you hold a child's passport). However, if your child passport was issued when you were 16 years of age or over, please verify if you are eligible for a the renewal form PC7 (see instructions above),
• You are applying for a first Australian passport,
• You are replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport,
• You are applying to change your name or amend some personal details, such as, your date of birth, or gender
• You are applying for your first passport after resumption of citizenship
• You are applying to replace a limited validity passport, emergency passport, or other temporary travel document.