How to renew an adult Australian passport?
If you are renewing an adult Australian passport and meet the below criteria, you are no longer required to visit the embassy to lodge your application. You can now send your application by mail to the Embassy.
For a mailed-in Adult passport renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you can answer yes to all the above, please follow the instructions in this link.
If you don’t meet the criteria for a renewal of an adult passport, you will need lodge your application for Australian passport overseas (PC8 form) in person at the Embassy by appointment only.
If you require information on how to apply for an Australian passport, or would like to discuss your application, please email us at: [email protected]
How to apply for a child Australian passport?
For children’s applications (18 years old and under) a parent/person with parental responsibility for the child must lodge the application in person.
Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are now issued with a 10 year passport. Applications must still include parental consent and the applicant (16 years and over) must attend the interview along with the lodging parent.
The Passport Section at the Australian Embassy in Beirut operates by appointments only for passport application interviews. It is not necessary to make an appointment when collecting your new passport/travel document.
You can make your own passport appointment here*:
How long to get an Australian passport?
Due to the high demand on passports, you should now allow up to 10 weeks to receive a new passport once payment has been taken. PLEASE NOTE incomplete applications will cause delays.
Information to help you prepare your passport application when you are lodging it in Lebanon:
- Type of form you need to use: Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) or Application for an Australian Passport (PC8)
- Instructions on how to complete the application form: PC8
- Complete your Australian Passport Application Form online at: www.passports.gov.au
- Supporting documents for adult applicants lodging PC8 (for first time adult passport, replacing lost/stolen passport)
- Supporting documents for applications of minors (18 years and under)
- Foreign Documents – Documents in Arabic should be translated into English by a sworn translator registered with the Syndicate of Sworn Translators. (If the sworn translator is not registered in the Syndicate of Sworn Translators, the document would then needs to be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants in order to be accepted by the Embassy).
- Photo guidelines. Australian passport photos are different to Lebanese standard passport photos, so please read the instructions carefully and pass them to the photographer.
- List of approved Guarantor/Referee (if non-Australians and for use with PC8 form only)
- PC8 Checklist – This form is your reference to ensure that you completed the application correctly and have the appropriate documents, photos, and fees to lodge the application. If anything is missing in the application and/or document, the processing of your application could be delayed.
- Reporting a lost or stolen passport
- List of passport and notarials fees for this month.