Important notice to passport clients
In response to the Corona Virus (COVID-19), including measures put in place by local authorities, changes have been made to our services. These changes are intended to protect you (our clients), our staff and the wider community.
The situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve. Please regularly monitor this and other relevant websites.
If you require information on how to apply for an Australian passport, or would like to discuss your application, please email us at: [email protected]
For the safety of our visitors and staff, passport services are available strictly by appointment only.
You can also reach us at [email protected] or [email protected] and we will respond to your email as soon as we can.
You can make your own passport appointment here*:
We are currently experiencing high demand for passport services. Please note that there is currently a 4-5 week waiting period for passport interview appointments.
Passports are currently subject to around 10 weeks delivery time so planning well ahead is important.
How Long to get an Australian passport
Due to the high demand on passports, you should now allow up to 10 weeks to receive a passport, no matter where you apply.
Payment for passports is to be made at the time of application at the Embassy, by either credit card, debit card or cash in USD only.
How to obtain an Australian passport in Lebanon
Passport applications, including renewal applications, MUST be lodged in person at the Australian Embassy in Beirut. For children’s applications (18 years old and under) a parent/person with parental responsibility for the child must lodge the application in person.
Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are now issued with a 10 year passport. Applications must still include parental consent and the applicant (16 years and over) must attend the interview along with the lodging parent.
The Passport section at the Australian Embassy in Beirut operates by appointments only to lodge a passport application. It is not necessary to make an appointment when collecting your new passport/travel document.
Information to help you prepare your passport application when you are lodging it in Lebanon:
- Type of form you need to use: Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) or Application for an Australian Passport (PC8)
- Instructions on how to complete the application form: PC8
- Complete your Australian Passport Application Form online at: www.passports.gov.au
- Supporting documents for adult applicants lodging PC8 (for first time adult passport, replacing lost/stolen passport)
- Supporting documents for applications of minors (18 years and under)
- Foreign Documents – Documents in Arabic should be translated into English by a sworn translator registered with the Syndicate of Sworn Translators. (If the sworn translator is not registered in the Syndicate of Sworn Translators, the document would then needs to be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants in order to be accepted by the Embassy).
- Photo guidelines. Australian passport photos are different to Lebanese standard passport photos, so please read the instructions carefully and pass them to the photographer.
- List of approved Guarantor/Referee (if non-Australians and for use with PC8 form only)
- PC8 Checklist – This form is your reference to ensure that you completed the application correctly and have the appropriate documents, photos, and fees to lodge the application. If anything is missing in the application and/or document, the processing of your application could be delayed.
- Reporting a lost or stolen passport
- List of passport and notarials fees for this month.